Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Artificial Slugs -- the end of slugging?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Artificial Slugs -- the end of slugging?
    Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 6:26pm
A woman in my office used the web to order "artificial slugs" which are essentially mannequins. Apparently, they are huge in California (nicknamed "Diamond Buddies" because you can use the diamond HOV lanes). They are also marketed as "protection" for woman who have to drive alone.

I saw her "artificial slug" and it was amazingly realistic. She says she has never been stopped even once by police -- she was even side-by-side with a cop during stop-and-go traffic and the cop never noticed.

She says that she saves 20 minutes each way by not having to stop at slug lots. If these become as popular here as they are in California, it could be the end of slugging. How can we stop this?
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 6:48pm
Already been tried out here. A state trooper I know wasn't so easily fooled.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 9:43pm
Well, if your going to do that....do it right. Go to http://www.realdoll.com. Perfectly human looking and many more uses than for using as slugs. LOL
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 7:16am
Back in the day before the HOV lanes were extended beyond Springfield or maybe even after that, several drivers tried mannequins, but state troopers jumped on that right away. I think they probably look out for that.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 9:14am
In California, they have also twice elected stuffed dolls governor.

The current Mannequin-in-State is a widely-recognized model.
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 10:17am
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]In California, they have also twice elected stuffed dolls governor.

The current Mannequin-in-State is a widely-recognized model.

LOL!! indeed! [:D]
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 11:07am
What would be ideal would be if I could then get the artificial slug/mannequin to actually be the one that gets out of the car and goes to my job all day while I golf. The mannequin would be smarter than 90% of my co-workers anyways, so they would never notice.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 11:33am
We could use 50 or 60 of them to put in the auditorium at the next HOT lanes meeting. Fluor would never notice.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 1:05pm
Undisclosed, you have nothing to worry about. This can never lead to the end of slugging. If a driver decides to do something like this, he/she would mostly get caught. Either that, or he/she will have the most uncomfortable ride ever, always looking over his/her shoulder.

Going too fast to avoid being seen.. but dreading being pulled over for speeding.

Not going fast enough to avoid speeding... but risking the chance of being seen.

It's easier to pick up a slug, so only a very small minority of drivers will actually attempt this, and few (if any) will actually succeed. Practically none will succeed on a daily basis.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 3:46pm
I think some of my slugs are artificial!>!?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic