Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dropping off question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dropping off question
    Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 8:55am
I'm new to slugging and I'm thinking about becomming a driver. For afternoon rides, there are two drop-off locations that are convenient for me.

I'd prefer to only have to stop and drop-off at one location. Is it common for drivers to drop-off riders at different locations?

Just wondering... Thanks.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 11:39am
Yes, it is common for drivers to drop slugs off at different lots in the evenings. It is your preference whether you only want to go to one destination or two. From a slug's point of view, it's always easier for drivers to be flexible so it makes the lines go faster.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 12:05pm
Tygger,

I agree with WBSlug7 that multiple drop off locations can work well. When I drive I often pick up 2 Springfield-Burke slugs at the Pentagon and drop one off at Daventry or "Bob's" and the other at the Rolling Valley Mall lot. Other times, I'll take two slugs to the Sydenstricker commuter lot. Seems like it's what works best for both the driver and the 2 slugs. [:)]
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 1:18pm
I live close to Hooes Rd. (I think the Sydenstricker lot off the pkwy is closest to me) so I would like to take the pkwy exit from the HOV lanes to avoid the mess around Bob's.

If not all riders are going to Sydenstricker, which other lots should/could I service and still get off the pkwy exit?

Thanks for the replies!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 1:56pm
The only option I know would be to get off the Parkway at Sydenstricker and then take Sydenstricker Rd to the Rolling Valley Mall lot on Old Keene Mill. That means you would have to double back to the Parkway and Hooes Rd on either Sydenstricker, Huntsman Blvd, or Lee Chapel Rd. That may be more time & distnce than you want. If it is, recommend you take slugs only to the Sydenstricker lot. [:)]
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 3:35pm
I am near Sydenstricker. What hours do you commute?
tygger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tygger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 5:05pm
I see... so if I need to drop people off at either Bob's or Daventry, do I just hop off the HOV around Edsall? (as you can see, I dont get on HOV very often [8D] )

Scott, in the mornings I usually leave around 7-7:20am. Afternoons from 5-5:30pm, usually closer to 5.

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2004 at 10:09am
Tygger,
No, not Edsall Rd .. just get off the HOV at the Springfield (Va 644) exit. It's the first HOV exit outside the beltway. It exits to the left from the HOV. [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic