Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friday Celebration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friday Celebration
    Posted: 05 Mar 2004 at 2:40pm
Happy Friday All. [:D] I was invited to have a few drinks with some co-workers today and wanted to do just that being we had reason to celebrate...it's Friday! [8D], but was very hesitant, and eventually decided not to partake because I was going to be Slugging home and didn't want to offend anyone who may have given me a ride. Of course, if I did partake, it would have been no more than two average drinks. I say average so no one writes back and ask, "How big were the drinks[?]" [;)]

Would like to hear some other opinions regarding this topic.

Have a Great & Safe Weekend! [:)]
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2004 at 1:16pm
In my opinion, and as a regular driver who does pick up slugs, I wouldn't be offended. What would offend me would be bad behavior that would result from one having too much to drink - and for some two would be too much.

My question would be, would you have planned to drive yourself home from the commuter lot with alcohol in your system or would you have had someone pick you up from the commuter lot?

Drinking and driving no matter how few drinks is what bugs me more than anything.[;)]

quote:
Originally posted by VA_Slugger
[br]Happy Friday All. [:D] I was invited to have a few drinks with some co-workers today and wanted to do just that being we had reason to celebrate...it's Friday! [8D], but was very hesitant, and eventually decided not to partake because I was going to be Slugging home and didn't want to offend anyone who may have given me a ride. Of course, if I did partake, it would have been no more than two average drinks. I say average so no one writes back and ask, "How big were the drinks[?]" [;)]

Would like to hear some other opinions regarding this topic.

Have a Great & Safe Weekend! [:)]

Dina
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2004 at 9:38am
Dina, the plan from the start would be not to drive...at all. Hence, somone picking me up from the lot.

Thanks for the reply. I think I may have (unintentionally), hit a few nerves out there.

Be safe!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic