Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dropping off at multiple locations??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanillaGorilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dropping off at multiple locations??
    Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 11:40am

I am interested to know what the rules are regarding dropping people off. I pickup in the morning at the Horner Road location and go to 18th street. Most days my riders request different drop off spots. For example i would have someone want to get dropped off at 18+E and another person get dropped off at 18+H. When i pick people up in the morning i call out 18th+L. Should i be dropping people off at multiple locations or is their one central drop off point on 18th street? It may only take 60 seconds to drop someone off but if i am calling out my destination and they are neglecting to pay attention i do not see how this is my problem.

In addition i often have people who slide from the rear passenger side to the exit on the rear drivers side. This irritates me as i can see them putting their feet on my seats. I have never pressured anyone to exit my car quickly when exiting on the same side as traffic. Any thoughts on this?
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 11:54am
If they are asking to be dropped off beyond where you are going, then that is on them. If they are asking to be dropped off before your final destination, then it is a simple courtsey to drop them off, even if it is two different locations. Slugs look for the car that is going as close as possible to where they need to be. Keep in mind they might have several blocks still to walk while you are driving and are in a nice warm car. It should really not make much difference to you where they want to be let out as long as they don't ask you to go beyond your end point. I hope that makes sense.

If they are moving from the right passenger seat to the left to get out of the car, tell them not to do that. You can put things in the seat behind you and on the floor which prevents people from doing just that if you don't feel comfortable asking them. Just get a box or something and put it in the way. Problem solved.

You do have the option of calling out that you only want slugs who want to be let out at such and such street, but you take the risk of nobody getting in your car.

Hope that was helpful!!![:)]
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 12:35pm
I don't understand how they put their feet on your seat?

Do you literally see them put their feet on your (back/front) seat? I'm trying to imagine how they would do this, that it, turn 90 degrees and put their legs on the back seat and slide?

Do you mean that it feels like feet are being pushed against your driver's seat? If this is the case, it's probably knees that are being pushed against your seat as they scoot to the left.

Nevertheless, if you reiterate your intent (18th and L) in the car and desire (no feet on seat?), they will gladly comply. Unruly people should be the minority.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic