Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving to Springfield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lido1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving to Springfield
    Posted: 18 Feb 2004 at 1:22pm
We are looking to move to Springfield. Where actually does the slug line meet nearest to Sydenstricker, what parking is available, and what buses stop there?

thanks.
gac1982 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gac1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2004 at 2:15pm
Hopefully you've seenthis: http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Sydenstricker_lot.asp

Also, check out the bus routes on the maps (downloadable .pdf files) on METRO's website:
http://www.wmata.com/metrobus/maps/metrobus_service_maps.cfm

Springfield Oaks 22153
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2004 at 5:34pm
On Sydenstricker Rd, you have 2 options.
At the south end, there is the small Commuter Lot at the Fairfax County Parkway. One slug line there, with nearly all morning drivers going to the Pentagon (there have been a few drivers who will ask for Crystal City, Rosslyn, or Navy Yard slugs). I hear parking gets scarce later because the lot fills up by 7:15 to 7:30 each morning. There is a bus stop at the lot (NW corner), and the Fairfax Connector bus (Rt 385, I think) goes from there along the parkway and HOV to the Pentagon each morning.
Your second option, near the north end of Sydenstricker just off Old Keene Mill Rd, is the Rolling Valley Mall "Park and Ride" lot. It's a larger lot, and I hear there are a couple of slug lines there (Pentagon and ? - Can a RVM slug or driver provide more details to help here?). There are Metro buses from the RVM lot, and they go to the Pentagon (and maybe the Springfield Metro Station). Not sure about a Fairfax Connector bus route there.
When I slug I take a 10 minute walk from home to the lot near the Fairfax County Parkway about 6:45 AM, hardly ever have to stand in the slug line for more than 5 mins, and am usually walking into the Pentagon about 15 minutes after catching a ride.
Not a bad commute at all. Hope this helped. [:I]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic