Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about: Stafford 610/Mine Rd --> Pentagon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about: Stafford 610/Mine Rd --> Pentagon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about: Stafford 610/Mine Rd --> Pentagon
    Posted: 25 Aug 2022 at 10:09am
Hi Everyone,

I'm somewhat new to NoVA and have always worked and lived in Stafford, but will very likely receive a job offer in the next few days for a position at the Pentagon. I do have a few questions about slugging if any of you experienced folks would be kind enough to answer.

1. If I wanted to be at work at 8am, which would mean sitting at my desk at 8am inside the Pentagon, what time would I need to be at the 610/Mine Rd lot in Stafford to catch a ride? I know I would need to factor in wait time @ the Stafford lot plus walking distance from where I'm dropped off to wherever I am located inside the Pentagon. I understand this 2nd part could vary a lot depending on where I am in the Pentagon, but I'm just looking for rough estimates. Additionally, I live right next to this lot and it's a 5 min walk so it's a lot easier for me to use this one than the one down the road a bit.
  2. Is the 610/Mine Rd lot pretty active? Are there enough people to slug there in the mornings since COVID, or are there too many perhaps? What about for the return trip from the Pentagon? If both of these lines are active again since the "end" of COVID, how long would someone generally have to wait in line for a ride?
  3. What do you folks (who live down in Stafford) do if you ever have to work late at the Pentagon? I'm guessing people picking up sluggers only generally are there until around 6pm.. So I would kind of need a backup plan if I ever needed to stay late. According to the job description I'm applying for they will sometimes request you to stay late for projects. 
Thank you all so much in advance!

Edited by eric1993 - 25 Aug 2022 at 1:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic