Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re-open Slugging

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SavingTime View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SavingTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 5:28pm
Very easy to catch a ride to the Pentagon from Horner, but difficult going back to Horner. Stood under the shelter for roughly 20 minutes in the rain, and then walked back to catch the 5:20 bus.

Sadly as we left the bus circle, there was a vehicle waiting at the Horner line. At least we are saving money coming in.
kiki View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 10:25am
I used to pick up from the Horner overflow lot and drop off at Pentagon or Crystal City.  What is the best time to come to the main Horner lot now to pick people up?  I'm wondering if anyone will be around in the summer months now that school is out and for a later pick up time after 7:30am.....
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SavingTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 5:05pm
There are people waiting for a bus at 8 and after 8 at the top Horner lot. Just drive by and ask if anyone is going to Pentagon just like when slugging began. There are usually takers. I've seen 5 people at the Horner bus line waiting for 8:15 last bus to Pentagon.
Hollywoodweb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywoodweb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 1:44pm
Thumbs Up
Bruce
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 7:34am
Wish it was the same further up north.  Went to the Sydenstricker lot a few times....ghost town.
Alexis View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 1:56pm
I am looking for a ride from Rolling Valley Park n Ride to DC around 8am Mon-Fri.  I have had my vaccine and I am happy to wear a mask.  Thank you.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 8:40am
People are slugging from Stafford 610 to Pentagon & back in the afternoon. I've even poached them out of the bus line. The afternoon is harder to get folks, but they are starting to come around. I remind everybody that I pick up that there are cars in the afternoon waiting. Gotta start trying to get the lines going again! 
MIKEG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKEG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 1:53pm
Is the slug line for Rt 17 in Stafford going to the Pentagon and DC open again? I was slugging to the Pentagon through March 2020 when it ended. My last day slugging was a Tuesday. That afternoon at the Rt 17 pickup at Pentagon I was the slug line, there was nobody else. 

I just lucked out when after a few minutes a car with 2 people in the front came by, that was last day slugging. Next day I took the VRE to Franconia/Springfield and bought a smartrip card, been using VRE & Metro ever since to get to work.

Benefits of using VRE & Metro..it's very expensive and I live paycheck to paycheck, on VRE trains they keep it freezing cold no matter what the weather outside. It's slow when I slugged I'd get home by 5:00 now I get home at 6:00 and that is on the best days. VRE is unreliable sometimes, trains break down..or they have to go super slow due to other trains ahead of them or doing track work.
I HATE IT!!Ouch  

KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 3:18pm
Mike. I'd suggest that you use the 610 lot & line - it's more stable. As slugging continues to increase then eventually the 17 line will be sustainable again.
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavingTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 1:34pm
Sign at Pentagon Porkchop parking stating changes to Pentagon slugline locations staring July 7th. The signs have been moved as of today. Maybe there will be information shared on Tuesday.
Signs are Springfield/Burke, then Tacketts/Lorton/Montclair and 234. The third line is Horner & Potomac Mills. 234 and tacketts lines combined and moved Horner forward.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic