Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New slug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angeloapa07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New slug
    Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 11:29pm
Hello, I am new to slugging. Please forgive the newbie. I'm trying to figure this all out. I live in Fredericksburg. The closest Commuter lot is Route 17 for me. However my destination is to 2900 S Quincy, Shirlington Tower, I don't know how this works besides what I have read. Any help would greatly appreciated. I plan to drive at first and probably switch to riding every now and then. Again any info on the best route or procedures for this would be extremely helpful.
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:01am
The area that you are going to in Shirlington  is not really a Slug point destination. If you drive then you probably want to pickup for the Pentagon and then back track to your final destination.
If/when you decide to ride then you probably have to figure out if you can get a bus to go there. 
Msjburgess View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Msjburgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 8:43pm
I drive in from Woodbridge. My route is to drop people off along 14, then I continued to Capitol Heights. I reverse on the way home, Capitol Heights, the Commerce building, to Horner or Hechinger in Woodbridge.

Keith is right. If you could take a group to Pentagon, and backtrack the way home, you might put a few more miles on, but you'll save about 30 minutes a day. I save at least 15 minutes, but it's less miles for me and better gas.

If not, keep working on a group, and see if y'all can pull a rotation on driving. Any, if someone takes a day off, then plan on grabbing a Pentagon rider or 2.
DarwinN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarwinN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 6:39am
Hello I’m actually in the same situation! I work near shirlington for Arlington trades center. But I can’t find a line that goes towards shirlington. I live in Woodbridge. If we find one more person we can make a line to shirlington (or anything near that area). All you would have to do is drive from Fredericksburg to the Horner lot in woodbridge right off the exit and we can meet there and then head towards shirlington. Again we would just need to find one more person that needs to go in that area.

Edited by DarwinN - 28 Aug 2019 at 6:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic