Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Proposed New Slug Line Locations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

From 610 - Rosslyn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From 610 - Rosslyn
    Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 8:00am
I thought that it was VDOT that created the separate lines. I think remember them coming through and doing surveys. I agree with you - If they wanted separate lines then when they built that lot it should have been designed that way from the beginning. For them to change it afterwards just creates problems.
Slugging82 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slugging82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:49am
As a slug rider who commutes from Stafford to Rosslyn. In recent months since Nov 2018, someone decided to start a Rosslyn Line. While the intention of the idea may have been good. Unfortunately its caused people who leave out around the 5am-6am a great deal of stress. Here's why, early bird riders stay in the main line. AND yes there's Rosslyn drivers who still pick up from the main line and even stated they will not pick up from the Rosslyn line and would scoop up Pentagon riders and keep it moving.so with that said as a rider who arrives around the 5am hour. There are Rosslyn riders standing in the main line.but as time pass more Rosslyn riders arrive standing in the Rosslyn line. Now you have riders waiting in both lines and it causes tension and arguements for those waiting for longer period in the main line. It's way too early to get in an arguement with someone at the early hours of 5am. This line should go away and everyone lines up on the main line as before. Someone thought they were fixing something, but it's only caused problems for the early birds. As a suggestion, on the main line have signs for Pentagon, rosslyn, crystal etc... that way when all cars pull through they pull up to the sign. Like how it once was setup at the Pentagon for afternoon lines. That way a ride is not missed and no one person is being cut. If VDOT could create legitimate signs would reduce the morning drama. I know some folks like the separate line, but it causes too much issues at an early hour of the day, let alone before work. No one should have to put up with such nonsense

Edited by Slugging82 - 13 Feb 2019 at 5:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic