Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OPTIONS FOR COMMUTING

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlingtoncrawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OPTIONS FOR COMMUTING
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 7:00am
I'm a new slug from Fredericksburg Route 17 to mark Center. Question for the experts - what options are available for getting to and from Mark Center as a slug? Other options? Which seem to be the best in terms of time and effort? Thanks.
Mike
KeithO View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:02am
Getting to the Mark Center seems to be spotty. You might need to go to the 610 line, sometimes I hear calls for Mark Center there. Otherwise, you might need to go to the Pentagon & take the commuter bus to Mark Center. I think there may be slug lines from there, but you'll have to check - perhaps at the Transportation office.
Arlingtoncrawler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arlingtoncrawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 8:07am
Thanks!
Mike
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 2:06pm

Some slug to the Mark Center by using a virtual slug line.  Get added to the list, and then rides are coordinated by drivers announcing they need slugs, or slugs announcing they need a ride.  Send an email to get on the list.

GregP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:08am
Are Mark Center employees who use the HOV proprietary ramp at Seminary road permitted to drive on HOV with only one person in the car??? More often than not, I see single drivers merging from the Seminary ramp onto HOV south at 4:30 p.m. and the do not have special plates.

Since the on / off ramp is designated HOV 24/7 (even during non-HOV hours - with a sign so small and right at the entrance to the ramp you have to have eagle vision), I'm wondering whether these people receive special priviliges or are they simply scoff-laws?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:20am
I have NEVER seen a cop enforcing the 24/7 rule.
GregP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 8:09am
Originally posted by scottt scottt wrote:

I have NEVER seen a cop enforcing the 24/7 rule.

I definitely have. Every time I've seen them, they've been sitting on the LEFT side of the bridge (when commuting NB in the morning) at the end of the ramp, it's only a one-way RIGHT turn only exit ramp.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic