Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Rosslyn->Springfield Slugline!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 7:29am
Most slugs at Kent Street want rides to the larger commuter lot at Rolling Valley Mall. [:)] It's not too far from Sydenstricker. [;)]
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2006 at 12:51pm
Yesterday I saw one person standing in line to go to Syndenstricker. The rest of the 15 or so people that were waiting in line were going to Rolling Valley.

Also, did anyone notice that a sign indicating a commuter line to springfield/burke has gone up on the first light post after turning onto N. Kent Street? Has it been there long?

Merlin
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2006 at 11:26am
WOW. Yesterday afternoon I got to the line at about 4:35 and didn't even see a car for about 20 minutes! And even then the destination was Sydenstricker...and the 20 people in line were going to Rolling Valley.

Hopefully things will be better this afternoon!

Merlin
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 1:25pm
Any drivers out there? I have slugged out of Rosslyn to Rolling Valley for the past two weeks and waited no less than 20 minutes every day!

Merlin
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 1:31pm
I tried that line for a few days as well, plenty of slugs and very few drivers. I just don't understand drivers infatuation with picking up at the Pentagon, especially when this line is so convenient and the driver doesn't have to feel like he or she is holding up traffic to pick up slugs on this street...Must be more to it than that tho...
Jenny View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2006 at 1:13pm
Are there still afternoon slugs to Gambrill/Sydenstricker? The last couple times I've checked it's been empty, so I've just gone on to the Pentagon.
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2006 at 9:24am
This line seems to run hot and cold. When I was slugging in January and February, I would arrive at 4:30 and there would be six or seven people and no cars for 15-30 minutes.

Now I have started driving and I arrive at 4:30 and there is no one in line. I usually have to wait 5-10 minutes.

It's very strange.

Merlin
roncinva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roncinva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2006 at 9:24am
I work near Ballston metro. Are there any slugs who work in Ballston area and park at Rolling Valley? If not, are there any slugs who work in Rosslyn that would be interested in car pooling or being a regular rider?

Ron C. work in Ballston area, live in Springfield.
Sterlingslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sterlingslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2006 at 5:36pm
If this Rosslyn to Fredericksburg line is still going, I'll drive into work tomorrow and take people as far South down I95 as they want to go tomorrow 10/20. I'll have to see some interest though or I'll go to the Pentagon. I work in the building in that picture.
georgealm27 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgealm27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2006 at 9:25pm
Is this rosslyn slug line dead? I tried it once 2 or 3 days ago and nobody was there. I work in Ballston and need to slug to Bobs. The ballston slug line was dead too. By the time I got to the 14&F HOV was over..:/

if i go straight to 14 and f right after work im okay, but it would be GREAT to slug right from ballston or rosslyn. Any other slugs or drivers in my boat?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic