Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 lot in Stafford

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 lot in Stafford
    Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:39am
I do wish that there would be some enforcement of the s directing drivers to proceed around the back of the lot and make the left turn to enter the pick up area. These sign were erected so the buses exiting the pick up area would not have to wait for an opening.
The past two mornings I have almost been hit by drivers that are ignoring the signage and blocking the buses. Does anyone know which agency has jurisdiction in the commuter lots?[V]
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:49am
Virginia State Police. But unless the bus company complains, don't expect too much.
oldgoat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:55am
Well, as I'm about to retire and have nothing else to do, I just may stand out there every morning and point to the sign to remind the folks of the correct way to go.[}:)]
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:32am
I wouldn't expect too much to change until the lot expansion is completed and the traffic configuration will be changed. I've even had a couple drivers that come in the "wrong" way complain about the traffic backup, told them they are supposed to go around the back way (and the backup line is usually shorter) but they just acted like they didn't want to be inconvenienced and were above following the signs. It's been that way for years and as was stated, unless the bus companies complain, nothing will be done.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic