Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FLAT TIRES TODAY - Northbound near Springfield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdawg757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLAT TIRES TODAY - Northbound near Springfield
    Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 11:23am
Who else was effected by the huge road hazard this morning around Springfield going Northbound? I saw at least 20 cars pulled over with flats...

I think we need to communicate wit one another because this was clearly a case of VDOT stripping up asphalt and exposing this massive hole - we should all have our repairs reimbursed by the state!
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 7:42am
Try slowing down a little in milled areas of the highway. As for 20 cars I think your number is incorrect 3 or 4 cars maybe, but 20 cars would have made the news.
Lnels009 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lnels009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 4:18pm
I hit that spot and have a bent rim because of it. Luckily not enough to cause air to leak out of my tire, but it still needs to be fixed or replaced. There were at least 4 cars that had flat tires on the side of the HOV when I drove by. The hole in the ground was unavoidable with it being so large and in the left lane with jersey walls to your left and cars to your right. I had to either hit the hole or hit someone else. Completely unacceptable.

quote:
Originally posted by jdawg757

Who else was effected by the huge road hazard this morning around Springfield going Northbound? I saw at least 20 cars pulled over with flats...

I think we need to communicate wit one another because this was clearly a case of VDOT stripping up asphalt and exposing this massive hole - we should all have our repairs reimbursed by the state!

L. Nelson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic