Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Angry Driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Angry Driver
    Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:57am
I do not know where this lady started her trip, but around Shirlington I had her sitting on my rear end. Quite angry. I was driving in left lane because of buses and merging cars and going 70 - 75 mph. Flow of traffic. But apparently I was in her way so she sat on my tail. I lightly tapped breaks but that only caused her to fly into a rage. There was a man and a younger girl in the car. Unsure if they were slugs or not because didn't look too concerned about her fits of rage behind the wheel. So beware. She is a late 30-40ish woman driving a green older BMW, VA license plate number ZXS-5543.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 8:02am
"I lightly tapped breaks but that only caused her to fly into a rage."

What did she do?
ETC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:48am
She started ranting (probably saying some choice words), shaking her fist, jumping lane to lane. As we were coming up on stopped traffic, she jumped lanes and cut in front of me. Then she proceeded to hug the car in front. Quite angry. I just left a few lengths between us. Guess what? We got across the bridge at the same exact time.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 4:19pm
Instead of tapping your brakes, next time use your wiper spray.
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 8:29am
Or, if it is dark outside, just flip the rearview mirror up to reflect her lights back at her. Simple, yet very effective. Or, grab your cellphone, or have a passenger do it for you, fiddle with it and act as if you're taking a picture of her tags. I've done that before when my mother and I witnessed a potential hit and run in a parking lot. The driver stopped suddenly, and wrote down her information for the car she hit.
ETC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 9:58am
She was just an angry person. There a lot of those around here. [xx(] I would have moved over if could but I was traveling faster than the slow lane.
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 4:07pm
There's alot of them out there. My boyfriend and I are often having to deal with this, lots of road ragers who think they need to ride our bumper, etc. Especially getting onto 110 near the Pentagon, holy moly. Folks will just veer over into our lane without looking, but yet we get the nasty looks and gestures, when we honk to tell them we're right there. This area has the most psychotic drivers I have ever seen, and I used to drive into Jersey alot. That is saying something, IMO.
WrongVerb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WrongVerb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 9:09am
Aggressive drivers like that are best viewed from the rear. So what if you were doing the right thing in going with the flow of traffic, the best action is still to move over and let her past. Tapping brakes, using wipers or mirrors just means you're reacting to her actions instead of letting her by and driving at your own pace.

People try to use their cars to "teach others a lesson." Driving isn't supposed to involve the ego, and the roads aren't a classroom.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic