Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Line cutting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Line cutting
    Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 8:56am
Today, I witnessed two incidents at RV, both incidents before 7:00 this morning, of cutting in line. One incident happened to me, a guy left the line and had the audacity to cut back in in front of me. I politely confronted him on this issue, and then 15 minutes later, another rider had someone try to cut him off. I hate to say it, but IMO if people can't be bothered to follow the rules, they shouldn't be slugging. Sad to see grown adults act like spoilt children. [V]
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 8:40am
A bit more info would help. Did he leave the line to get a newspaper? Go back to his car? Was he gone 30 seconds? 15 minutes?
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 3:16pm
This guy does this all the time. He wanders off to get the newspaper. That in itself, isn't the issue. The issue is that he doesn't ask the person behind him if he could leave his bag to go get the paper. He just walks off. Saw another guy do that this morning, line was long, he meanders off. I'm thinking he's not going to wait, walks over to the bus shelter. Comes back a few minutes later, and cuts right in front of me. IMO, that's really rude. If you ASK me if I mind, that's one thing. But to just walk off, leave the line, then expect me to let you back in? C'mon now. Another guy was complaining yesterday that it happened to him too.

People anymore. I guess they must not have been present, the day they taught how to stand in a line, in kindergarten. You wait your turn, and you don't cut in line. I never cut in any slug lines. Ever. I respect others, and am disappointed to see how disrespectful certain folks can be. :(
terrydwhite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrydwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 3:41pm
Sad to hear that people are doing that.. I don't ever see that in our slug line. People always ask if you mind if they run to their car and come back. But to just plain walk away is just ignorant..
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 8:11am
Did you say anything to him? If not, you need to speak up.
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:07am
I tried to confront the guy but he just wasn't having it. There's some really rude people in the RV line, early in the morning. There are a few nice ones, which helps out, but the early crowd is pretty much "me first, too bad for the rest of you." If those folks did that at the Pentagon line in the afternoons, they'd get their backsides handed to them, LOL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic