Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt 17 Slug sits in car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rt 17 Slug sits in car
    Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:59am
Lately slugs have put their bags in line and sit in car. When car pulls up the get out of car and run to the car and say they were inline. Is this something new that you can SAVE your space? Am I wrong to think this is rude? Another slug was in car when she came to them and said it was her place. The slug got out of car and gave her the seat.
Thoughts?
J-Staff View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Staff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:12am
I would have told her that the ride goes to the first "person" in line, not the first bag!
Snooze, you lose.
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 12:47pm
I sympathize. There are a few folks at Rolling Valley who will step out of line, not put their bag down, nor ask the people behind them if they mind if they step out of line to get the newspaper. Then, they hurry back and expect you to let them back in! Drives me batty. If you ask me if I mind watching your bag while you get the paper, that's one thing. But don't step out of line, bag and all, saunter around, and then come back and cut back in the line.

Welcome to the DC Metro area, or as I call it, Entitlement Central. [:D]
ETC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:35pm
What about how rude this is making drivers wait for bodies to miraculously match up with random bags?
GetMeOffOLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetMeOffOLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 3:13pm
It's rude to everyone involved, drivers and slugs. Like I said, welcome to Entitlement Central, where everyone thinks the world revolves around them, and that rules are for other people.
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:44am
When I am driving I pick up those standing and waiting for a ride I do not waited for the bag holders!!!
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 11:51am
How can the bags hear what destination you are calling out?
I would just take the next person in line, and if a bag owner shows up, tell the slug who was standing in line and already got into the car to STAY in the car. After all, the driver may take anyone he/she chooses. He may choose anyone in line to take. He can defintely choose the next person who is physically standing in line and tell the bag owner "sorry." I would certainly NEVER permit the slug who was already sitting in the car to get out and give their place to a bag owner!!! Bag owners need to be standing in line. As simple as that.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 2:49pm
Frankly I would be a little concerned about unattended bags in the slug line. Metro makes announcements about reporting unattended bags. VRE tells us to contact the conductor (on the train) or 911 (on the platform) to report unattended bags. I've heard conductors on VRE try to find the owner of bags on more than on occasion. In this day and age, people should know better than to leave a bag unattended in a public place.
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:22pm
There are really two ways to look at this issue.

First the slugs standing behind the bags or place markers and waiting for that slug to return is enabling that slug by allowing him or her to be better than them. As if the slugs in line should hold their spot as that is to demeaning for them to have to stand and wait. If they can’t wait in line they should find a new way to get to and from there place of work.

A second way to look at this is the low life’s leaving the place marker or bag is better than you and allow them to keep doing it.

So as slugs you all need to decide if you want your fellow slugs to be equal.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 7:49am
Anyone have any pics? Having never been to the line, I'm curious how the situation looks (as I've seen this topic discussed for many years).

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic