Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Justice Prevails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justice Prevails
    Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 12:09pm
Several evenings in August 2010 a number of drivers were pulled over at 14th and Independence Avenue, NW and issued citations for stopping to pick up slug riders. I was one of the lucky individuals issued a $100 for "parking in a bus zone." Well 16 months, $110 and an appeal later, I got a letter from the appeals panel revoking the ticket and refunding my money!!!! I argued my stop was stopped for only 30 seconds to pick up riders and that the car was never parked. I also provided pictures of the area. I won, not based on my argument, but based on the fact that there was no signage to indicate the beginning/ending of the bus zone. Go figure. At least a win is a win!!!![:D]
ems74 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ems74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:00pm
Ha! I have just ignored the ticket for over a year. I sent a letter in my defense - but they denied the defense and said I had to pay the ticket - but I have not - and I don't have the car or the plates anymore anyway. If they can find me, maybe one day they will get the money. But I also filed a complaint againt the officer. That has been going well. Found out he has dozens of complaints against him.

Edward (ems74)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic