Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BRAC - Springfield

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BRAC - Springfield
    Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 6:22am
It seems all we hear about is the Mark Center when it comes to next month's BRAC fiasco but has anyone given thought to what will become of the Fairfax Co. Pkwy, Old Keene Mill Rd., Rolling Rd., Pohick Rd corridors when that huge monstrosity in Springfield opens up? I'm shocked that folks I talk to in the afternoons that are going to Bob's or Rolling Valley don't even seem to be aware of what's looming in front of us. I believe that new building over by the Newington Costco will be burping out about 8-9,000 workers everyday - what's that going to do to our local roads?

Flyby
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:54am
NGIA has already started moving people into the building in Springfield. I heard NGIA was concerned it would lose good employees who didn't want to commute to Springfield and offered their employees the option to set their own work hrs. (work 1 pm to 8:30 pm) to avoid gridlock 2x a day on the secondary roads.

I hope this is true.
ETC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 8:55am
This has me scared -- I live right near here!
Flyby View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 12:06pm
That's great to hear that they're offering flexibility to their work force. Only time will tell what the impact will be on the mess that already is present on Old Keene Mill up to Rolling Rd and Lee Chapel, Backlick up to Pohick and beyond, the Parkway up to who knows where, etc. Say your prayers.

Flyby
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 3:48pm
Over 90% of the folks who work there are already moved in (its NGA not NGIA). There were all kinds of road improvements made for it. The only effect you all should see is that at least probably a couple hundred people who used to slug or pick up slugs will no longer being doing so since they don't have to drive into DC and Maryland.

CJ
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 10:01am
It is affecting 95S in the morning. There is a nice little backup to exit of 95 to get to NGA. That of course creates a little traffic congestion getting over to the left to get around the back-up.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2011 at 11:28am
It is also affecting the FFX County Parkway at the Rolling Road ramp. Traffic backs up in the right lane to access the ramp.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 8:21pm
Everyone that is suppose to move into the building has done so. So whatever the traffic looks like now that's the worse it's going to get.

CJ
billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:03am
Has anybody heard when the SEMINARY RD HOV exit work will start ? just curious
gawinkworth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gawinkworth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:52am
Last I heard was sometime in 2012 (pending approval of an environmental impact study), with a completion date in 2015.

Update - found this via Google:

http://www.mwcog.org/clrp/projects/new/descriptions/2011/2011-CLRP-I395-Seminary-HOV-Ramp.pdf

Geoffrey A Winkworth
Senior Analyst/Developer
AT&T Government Solutions, Inc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic