Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV-3 Enforcement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV-3 Enforcement
    Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 11:41am
Have the police cut back on enforcement? I returned to DC in June and started slugging again, but I never see the police checking for violators. When I was here from 2004-2006 I would see police officers checking the Springfield on-ramp in the AM and the off-ramp in the PM 2-3 times each week (and they always had violators). I have not seen a single police officer checking the exit in four months.
SuTaRiCh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuTaRiCh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 12:51pm
I have seen them plenty of times - usually in the PM and usually at the merge. But just this AM there was someone pulled over near Lorton I think it was - one person in the car, so I assume it was a violation pull-over. Maybe not as frequently as in the past, but they ARE out there.
KennyP View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 1:19pm
HOV violators seem to be the reason for the heavy flow of traffic. While riding count the number of vehicles with less than three in a vehicle after the entry ramp after the 495 exit and Springfield exit. Those are the locations where the traffic begins to back up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic