Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug lines from I-66

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug lines from I-66
    Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:11pm
Are there any slug lines for I-66?

Ann Cooper
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:22pm
Three slug lines out I-66 are listed at the "Morning Slug Lines" tab on the Home Page of this website, but the only one that seems to still be working somewhat is at the Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride lot. There are no reports that the other two are now (or ever were) active, and efforts to start other lines (like recent ones at Stringfellow Rd and in Centreville and Manassas) do not appear to have gained support from potential slugs and drivers.

This link has info on the H-M P&R
: http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/Herndon.asp

Other than driving yourself to and from work, your best bets seem to be a either a carpool, vanpool, or public transportation.
Anoop View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 12:56pm
Would like to slug between Vienna Metro to DC 18th street.
Are there any slug lines available in the morning or evening?
With the cost of metro rising, we all need to think of something along these lines.
jlw123 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlw123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:59pm
I am also interested in a slugline between Vienna metro and DC.
I work on 17th and M and usually leave Vienna around 7am.
Metro prices and service are getting outrageous.
I don't have a car but can carpool - anyone know if there is a slugline in the works?
Driving2DC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driving2DC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 2:15pm
Need rider for te next few weeks, maybe 2 months for carpooling on I66. Leaving from Marshall @ 7:30a and leaving 3rd and independence @4p. Will pick up at central spot in Haymarket, Gainesville or Manassas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic