Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Drivers/slugs at 610 Stafford lot in the mornings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drivers/slugs at 610 Stafford lot in the mornings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drivers/slugs at 610 Stafford lot in the mornings
    Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 11:09am
Attn drivers at Rt 610 lot in the morning: can you please pull into the lot the correct way? It really jams things up when you pull in and try to take the short-cut...imperative word here is cut!!! Not to mention, the buses have a terrible time trying to get out in the mornings when the line is going the wrong way. I waited in line 30 minutes this morning while watching cars pull right up to the line and get in front of us cars that waiting forever this morning. Please have some courtesy for those of us who do try to follow the rules of slugging at 610! thanks!!

Slugs- if you don't walk down that way looking for a ride, maybe they will not pull in the wrong way. :-)
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 3:07pm
This has been an ongoing topic about that lot. I laugh everytime I see the idiot drivers turning left at the stoplight, especially when the line is long, sometimes blocking the intersection. Many of them don't understand that there is a "correct" and safer way. Until VDOT reconfigures that lot it just won't happen. I'm sure the Martz busses would just love to drive up and over some of those cars some days.

I tried explaining it to a driver that was complaining about it but she didn't want to hear about the fact that it made more sense to come in the correct way. Unfortunately, many slugs that walk the line find it easier to approach those cars than the ones coming in correctly.
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 9:08am
I actually sent a letter to VDOT yesterday....let's see if they do anything. Probably not, but I couldn't let it go anymore. I am sick of getting cut in front of while trying to do things the right way. It is bad, but this morning I went to Potomac Mills and picked up slugs because cars were all lines up the wrong way again. I waiting 30 minutes yesterday and there were only 4 cars in front of me....totally drives me crazy!I can see why all the fights happen at that lot. I felt like ramming my car into someone yesterday. LOL...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic