Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Driver Alert - Potomac Mills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Driver Alert - Potomac Mills
    Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 9:11am
Haven't done this in a while, but...
For those slugging out of Potomac Mills, please be advised that there is a very dangerous driver picking up there. Please avoid a woman driving a blue Honda SUV license plate KNK-9017 who picks up for the 18th-20th Street area.

She spends most of the drive texting on her Blackberry, talking on her phone at the same time, and driving for 10 seconds at a stretch without looking up from her Blackberry, even as she is tailgating. In addition, she lets go of the wheel to type with both hands and tries to steer with her knees at full highway speed. This isn’t just once or twice – it is constant from the time she pulls out of the lot to when she is on 18th Street. During a slow section today, she simply stopped touching the wheel except to occasionally reach up and jerk the car back into the proper lane.

This was also not just a one-time experience; I’ve ridden with her twice before and she did the same thing. (Yes, if I had recognized her, I would not have gotten in today – but I wasn’t paying close attention.)

She seems like a perfectly nice person, but she endangers her passengers with this behavior, and I thought I should let others know
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2009 at 9:40am
Seems this lady is kind of famous... here are two responses I received when announcing this on our slug-email list (anonymous to protect their identities since they did not ask me to post here.)

<snip>
I replied below and (SpongeBob) is NOT exaggerating. I saw this driver this morning and said NO way. I was terrified last time!! In my past experience of riding with her, I was holding onto the back of her chair and my nerves were shot by the time I got out the car. It was the one day I almost kneeled down to kiss the road, I was so relieved to still be alive!! I don't know HOW she hasn't had an accident yet. Please take this seriously. She does seem to be very nice, but she is a VERY dangerous driver...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:19 AM
To: (deleted)
Subject: RE: Bad Driver Alert

I know EXACTLY who you are talking about and that's the very reason why I don't drive with her. I rode with her once and I was terrified!!! She opened up her MAIL, went through her mail while she was driving with her knees. She drank water in one hand and had her blackberry in the other! I just saw her pull up this morning and took the car behind her. Thank you for putting this driver out there. I wouldn't have had the nerve, but people really do need to know!

----------------------------------------------------------------
<snip> I can ditto that! I believe you're talking about the same person of which I had the same experience. After riding with her the first time, I said I would make note not to ride with her again. Months later I got in her car forgetting this and immediately I remembered. When she pulls up she is either on the phone and gets off long enough to announce where she is dropping off or, after she picks up she immediately gets on the phone. That last time that I rode with her, I mentioned that I rode with her before and that her talking on the phone (the entire time) was rude and dangerous. Needless to say, she still talked the entire time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic