Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new to slugging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new to slugging
    Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 10:32pm
I need to know who parks in the commuter parking lot near the fire station on backlick road. I want to park there but not sure if I can find a ride. Please advice if drivers pick up riders there.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 5:55am
No known formal slug line there yet.
The lot appears to be used by carpools and bus riders only.
When it opened, there was talk about starting a slug line there, especially if the "Bob's" slug line ever has to shut down.
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 6:01pm
Yeah not a formal line, there is a bus line which stops there and drops off up by the Bob's lot. I don't know much more then that.

Funny/Sad thing is before they built that lot a number of us told them it wouldn't work as a location but Co. Chair Connoly and them were flush with spending cash and built that lot regardless of what they were told.

It is unlikely that lot would be used even if the current Bobs pickup lot was closed as we all used the bank lot when they closed for repaving. Not to mention that there are fewer spots there then the church, legion, and Giant lots combined.

There was some discussion about a new lot off the new Parkway near rolling road don't know what every became of that, there is a location which may actually work if they build it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic