Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Springfield Plaza Lot Closure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Springfield slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Springfield slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 12:19pm
The Gambrill and Backlick Park and Ride lots would be excellent options. Both are not used now.
TWO View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 11:39am
quote:
Originally posted by punjachoud

why they are closing Springfield plaza lot?
causing any problem to shopers parking ?

My guess is they're going to build more 'retail' or restaurants in the parking lot? Too bad - that's a very well known and convenient lot.
punjachoud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote punjachoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 11:37am
why they are closing Springfield plaza lot?
causing any problem to shopers parking ?

rama rama
ledishva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ledishva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 11:24am
Thanks for the info - I contacted McKay too.
vaslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 10:35am
But Backlick Road and Gambrill commuter lots are no where large enough to hold all of us that parked at Springfield Plaza.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 10:21am
I suspect this was part of the "master plan" to move slugs to the Backlick Road and Gambrill commuter lots.
wyldedaisy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyldedaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 10:05am
Actually, though surely a lot of residents in Herrity's district may use this lot for slugging, it is in the Lee District (Herrity's Springfield District line ends near St. Bernadette's). I recommend contacting the Lee District Supervisor Jeff McKay 703-971-6262 leedist@fairfaxcounty.gov as I did.
ledishva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ledishva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 9:27am
Please contact Supervisor Herrity (Springfield's representative on the Fairfax County Board of Directors) at 703-451-8873 or by email at springfield@fairfaxcounty.gov. I've already contacted them but the more who do, the better. I requested an extension so we can move the line and asked if we could use Springfield Mall and get 800 spots there.

My guess is we will have to move the line - we can't lose that many parking spots and the lots they mentioned are too far away for people to park.
kmsunflower View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmsunflower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2009 at 9:10am
I received the same flyer on my car yesteday. Bob's location is an institution, but with the Springfield Plaza lot closing on January 31st(!!!), will the location of Bob's change? Is there any current news from those "in the know"? Is there a reliable slug between Sydenstricker/Gambrill to and from from 14th up to K between from 6:30-7:00AM and 4:30-6:00 PM?
c_quintarelli View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c_quintarelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 6:45pm
I just got a flyer on my car saying Springfield Plaza will no longer allow commuter parking. This means we will loose 354 parking spots.

Has anyone heard talk of moving the slug lines to the park & ride on Backlick or to the Sydenstricker or Gambrell Road lots?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic