Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overflow for Potomac Mills?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAwitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overflow for Potomac Mills?
    Posted: 03 Dec 2008 at 4:09pm
Well, thanks in part to folks parking in front of Tokyo Steak House, the vacant area in front of the old Staple/Bed & Sofa/furniture store will be towing. At least the tow-driver is warning people in the mornings, rather than just sitting there & swooping in. However, the only overflow I'm aware of, that still *currently* safe, is across Smoketown, near Bob Evans.

And Tuesday, I was told by a driver I regularly ride with, Potomac Mills wants to cut spaces further, according to VDOT!! [:0] [:(!]

So where can we park if we're not there before 7:30ish at Potomac Mills?
slugguru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 10:00am
Folks should start utilizing the Dale City Commuter Lot and maybe Tacketts Mills???
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 2:26pm
PMills is obligated only to provide the 950 spaces stipulated in their contract with VDOT.

PMills is obligated only to provide the 950 spaces stipulated in their contract with VDOT.

Thank you for your time.

I know parking's a pain in the butt, but that doesn't give us slugs the right to take customer parking spaces at local businesses.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 3:56pm
Actually, aren't they required to provide significantly LESS than the 950 they are currently providing? I believe its more like 350. The other 600 are out of the goodness of their hearts. This was a big issue when gas was $4 a gallon. Don't blame PMills---call Corey Stewart, Maureen Caddigan and the rest of that useless bunch and tell them to get off their collective rears and do something! Jeff Fredrick got a large amount of money set aside from Richmond to expand the RT234 commuter lot but it has been held up by Caddigan for AT LEAST 3 years.

CJ
ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 10:21pm
quote:
Originally posted by CJ

Actually, aren't they required to provide significantly LESS than the 950 they are currently providing? I believe its more like 350. The other 600 are out of the goodness of their hearts. This was a big issue when gas was $4 a gallon. Don't blame PMills---call Corey Stewart, Maureen Caddigan and the rest of that useless bunch and tell them to get off their collective rears and do something! Jeff Fredrick got a large amount of money set aside from Richmond to expand the RT234 commuter lot but it has been held up by Caddigan for AT LEAST 3 years.

CJ

Caddigan has been a pain in the butts of commuters for years. this is nothing new.
ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 10:35pm
quote:
Originally posted by toomuchcoffeelady

Thank you for your time.

I know parking's a pain in the butt, but that doesn't give us slugs the right to take customer parking spaces at local businesses.

sing it sister!!!!!

are we gonna do this one again? if so, i'm getting popcorn.
matthawkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2008 at 11:47pm
Does anyone know of the proper forum to address the following issue.

I was informed by a Potomac Mills Security Gurad that I shouldnt park in the commuter lot because I had a rainbow flag on my car adn that "Your kind (meaning gay obviously) isnt really welcomed at Potomac Mills because the mall promotes a family friendly environment". I thought gays shopped? as well as probably worked in many of the stores there? And what they hell is a $7 an hr flash-light security guard have any business looking down on anyone? Well I am going to commute from the 123 or the Horner lot and for now on, all my hard earned money will be spent at Tysons. Anyone else been insulted by a high and mighty flash light Guard?
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 8:07pm
quote:
Originally posted by matthawkins

I was informed by a Potomac Mills Security Gurad that I shouldnt park in the commuter lot because I had a rainbow flag on my car adn that "Your kind (meaning gay obviously) isnt really welcomed at Potomac Mills because the mall promotes a family friendly environment". I thought gays shopped? as well as probably worked in many of the stores there? And what they hell is a $7 an hr flash-light security guard have any business looking down on anyone? Well I am going to commute from the 123 or the Horner lot and for now on, all my hard earned money will be spent at Tysons. Anyone else been insulted by a high and mighty flash light Guard?

Surely all gays participate in public orgies. You weren't wearing leather bondage gear or assless chaps at the time were you?

You should've told him to step back or you'd infect him with the gay.

Honestly, the ignorance of some people astounds me.

I believe Potomac Mills contracts its security out, though I'm not completely sure. There is a 24h manned security office in the mall you can inquire at.
ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 9:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by matthawkins

if this in fact did happen to you, go to the Mall management, with the date it happened and a description of the idiot security guard. i really doubt that mall management would support this position. so back up your complaint with action.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic