Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Potomac Mills Lot Restrictions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potomac Mills Lot Restrictions
    Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 9:45am
Potomac Mills Mall is going to start enforcing the boundaries of the parking spaces they offer to commuters beginning Thursday, April 24, according to two polite guards in the lot this morning. The Mall, by the way, receives no stipend from the state or county for giving us those spaces.

The Mall has extended the commuter parking area and added dozens of additional spaces to the original area demarked by the yellow lines. The new boundary is marked by a dashed red line.

The lot fills past the red line by 7:15-7:30 a.m. midweek and 8:00 on Fridays.

Editorial Note from The Sponge: Potomac Mills was the lot of last resort for PWC slugs. It had the latest operating times and a vibrant slugline until almost 9:00 every day. It has steadily gotten more use until it is now overfull.

So where can we go from there? Has VDOT or PWC added even one single commuter parking space in the last 5 years?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 12:37pm
Sponge,
Maybe the parking situation will get bad enough [:(] to where some of the underutilized commuter lots (like the ones at Va 123 in PW County, and at Gambrill Rd & Backlick Rd in Springfield) will start to see some use from slugs and drivers living near them. [;)]
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 9:59am
Well, that's what happened at Potomac: Horner filled at 7:30 and everyone moved to Potomac. Now Potomac is overflowing and you recommend we drive up to the ill-designed 123 lot, where no return slug lines go? It already takes me 20 minutes to drive to Potomac from my house. Whatever. Get me off this crazy treadmill.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 1:01pm
SpongeBob,
I wasn't suggesting that you do that. But if all the spots are taken at the popular lots, and slugging increases due to economic impacts, it may be high time to start slugging activities at the underutilzed lots that exist now. Of course it will mean start-up efforts juts like what happened when the current popular lots began slug lines. Maybe a slug line that didn't work in the past, like Springfield Mall, may now prove viable. [:)]
Malai2000 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malai2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 2:45pm
I am just wondering how to get this message to PWC department for the work around. I have been using this lot since 2004 and its just the last week weeks I see the overfilling and its been real crazy. In fact, I talked to the security partol this morning and they said that the cars parked beyong the red spotted lines will not towed only for today and tomowwor but starting next monday (04/28/08) it will be towed so I am afraid what can be done to get this message to PWC govt folks.

Team please let's all get to them and let them start working on right away and it is a serious issue.

Thank you all for your continued support.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic