Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tacketts Mill Lot Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supervisor Mike May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tacketts Mill Lot Update
    Posted: 14 May 2007 at 5:50pm
I know it was a frustrating situation this morning and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that our commuters had to suffer. As someone who personally uses the Tackett’s Mill Lot, I am particularly sensitive to the situation that occurred this morning. I also know that Chairman Stewart utilizes the slug lines as well.

To be of assistance, I immediately contacted County Transportation. Below is a copy of the response I received. I am posting it here so that commuters who may not have had to chance to contact me personally know what occurred. If there are any additional issues that need to be addressed with respect to this matter, please let me know.

Sincerely,

-Mike

Michael C. May
Occoquan District Supervisor
13083 Chinn Park Drive
Prince William, Virginia 22192
(703) 792-4643 (phone)
(703) 792-4833 (fax)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 5:04 PM
To: May, Michael C.
Cc: Blaser, Tom J.; Shammout, Khattab O.
Subject: Commuter Lot at Minnieville Road and Old Bridge Road

Mr. May,

Per your request Transportation staff has reviewed the parking space closures at the Minnieville Road Commuter Lot at Old Bridge Road and wanted to provide you with an update on our findings. The contractor wishes to extend his apologies to users of the lot for mistakenly closing the southern area of the commuter lot and inconveniencing drivers. Parking from the spaces on the north side of the commuter lot (north of the commuter access road) were shifted to a newly created parking area (closer to Old Bridge Road) to accommodate all of the site that was demolished. The contractor, however, closed the area of the parking lot to the south of the access this morning, which should not have been closed. After consultation with our staff the contractor quickly opened the area back up, however, this was unfortunately too late to provide any reprieve to inbound commuters. The contractor has assured us that the spaces in this area will remain open at all times.

As for future inconveniences, the contractor and County are committed to minimizing inconveniences for customers of the lot. We do not anticipate that commuters will be impacted again by capacity issues; however, at some point in the fall, commuters will likely be impacted by interruptions in bus service at the location as the new ramps are installed. County transportation staff will aggressively reach out to citizens and users of the lot to coordinate acceptable solutions to accommodate bus riders.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I apologize for the inconveniences experienced by Prince William County citizens as we try to improve the conditions at the commuter lot.

Adam Brown

Transportation Business Manager

Prince William County

Department of Transportation

5 County Complex Court, Suite 290

Prince William, VA 22192

Michael C. May
13083 Chinn Park Drive
(703) 792-4643 (phone)
(703) 792-4833 (fax)
Atlantis.99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis.99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:39pm
Mike,

Thank you for your action and post. It was quite obviously a mistake this a.m. -- no one would rationally do that to hundreds of commuters (and voters!).

A while back I tried to find out what the lot would look like when it was all finished. I went to the following web site for the DOT: Minnieville Road-East (Caton Hill - Old Bridge Road) project http://www.pwcgov.org/eservices/qpr/InetDetail.asp?ProjId=389# but didn't find any "to be" maps. Could you do some checking and post a web-site where we can all see the future vision.

One of the shockers from this morning (and it might only be because of the TOT LOT situation) was the re-merger of the Pentagon line with the CC/Rosalyn line. I have some concerns about the narrow width of some of the travel corridors; what might be fine in a normal parking lot doesn't hold true for a slug lot where you need three wide access to accomodate the line of cars waiting plus normal 2-way traffic. I will hold off on final judgement until I can see the final design.

Thanks again

Daily Slug Driver ---

Slug-Recipes.Com
Supervisor Mike May View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supervisor Mike May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 12:45pm
Dear Daily Slug Driver-
Let me look into it and see what I can do to find some maps that I can post here. To be honest, I'm not the most technologically savvy guy so I may have send you the information and let you post it. Can you email me your contact information to mcmay@pwcgov.org?

RoadRunner--as to your concern, my understanding is that VDOT did consider an exit onto Old Bridge Road during the design of the expanded lot, but it was not feasible due to safety concerns. I will be happy to get your more specifics from VDOT if you will email me your contact information.

Thanks,
-Mike

Michael C. May
13083 Chinn Park Drive
(703) 792-4643 (phone)
(703) 792-4833 (fax)
russandalena View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russandalena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 10:07pm
Mike, thanks for being an advocate. I don't know what I'd do without slugging! My company doesn't reimburse for commuting expenses, so I save hundreds a month by slugging.
Supervisor Mike May View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supervisor Mike May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:19pm
Not a problem. As a slug myself (I generally pick up, but I also ride from time to time), I know how valuable this system is to our transportation network.
Best regards,
-Mike

Michael C. May
13083 Chinn Park Drive
(703) 792-4643 (phone)
(703) 792-4833 (fax)
cargermany View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cargermany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 3:51am
<b>Создание сайта про автомобили Германии</b>
<a href=cars-germany.ru>домен</a>

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic