Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scary, scary driver

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scary, scary driver
    Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 11:42am
I had a situation yesterday that bonded myself and the other slugger together for the rest of our lives, which we are thankful did not end during our ride home. What should I do with this information, besides not EVER get in that car again?

Thanks-
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 12:32pm
Share specifics on the car description... we used to have a "Do not ride" list but I haven't seen it for quite awhile
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 12:52pm
It's you slugging duty to share info that is deemed life saving. It's ok, we wont tell.

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
TJones View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 4:16pm
Tomato red, older model stick shift station wagon, probably a Toyota Corolla or similar. Check engine light on dash was lit. I'm sorry, I didn't get the license. Drive is a woman in late 40's, long straight brown hair with bangs. Wears glasses, smokes Camels. Picked up riders at 19th & I and took us to Old Hechingers.
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 8:31am
What did she exactly do that was all so bad? Having the check engine light on only means that the emissions sensor is off -- it's not as if the engine will explode. The problem could range from a bad air filter to a plugged muffler.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 9:47am
Agreed, so far you haven't told us anything to make this such a terrible ride.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 10:03am
Must have been the "smokes Camels" that made it so terrible.
Camel smokers make our lives scary ... VERY scary. [;)]
TJones View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 10:05am
Sorry ... the feedback I got was to share specifics on the car's description, not the circumstances. The check engine light was just part of the description.

This driver drove erratically at high rates of speed while sharing copious amounts of TMI (Too Much Information) with her captive audience (me). The other rider was lucky enough to get in the back seat and put on headphones, I was not. She did not stop talking once during the entire ride- shared her life's story, including job searching, current employment, family issues, boyfriend issues, Valentine's day present expectations and desires (way TMI) and did not take a clue that I was not the least bit interested in this. At one point she thought she recognized the song playing on the back seat passenger's *headphones* and her unending chatter quickly went to explaining the lyrics to me and singing along. Yikes. She came very close to tagging a number of cars weaving in and out of traffic both in downtown DC and also on the HOV. She was running over 80 mph on the HOV, was clearly distracted with her monologue. Took the off ramp at 123 going over 75 mph and did not slow down.

Now, granted, I am rather new to this slugging thing, but when we were dropped off, the other rider looked at me and said "WHAT was that?" And she had not even been subjected to the incessant ramblings. It's the first time I've actually been uncomfortable while slugging. I was seriously frightened that she was going to wreck.

darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 11:41am
Certainly unsafe driving is cause for concern. As for the TMI part, it's her car so she can talk (although would be polite to not talk so much). From most rider experiences, these bad cars are few but are out there. Thanks for the heads up.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2007 at 1:51pm
Bumping up over spam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic