Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Security at slug lines/bus stops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlrdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security at slug lines/bus stops
    Posted: 22 Oct 2002 at 7:51am
Given everything that is going on wrt the sniper, does anyone know or has anyone seen increased security at the commuter parking lots in PW or elsewhere? I would think it might be a good idea to get our locals involved in the effort if they aren't already.

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2002 at 9:40am
I have seen numerous Police/Sherrif cars at thr Rt 630 and Rt 610 (Staffordborough) lots in the AM and PM.

swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2002 at 10:25am
I have seen some Prince William police at Horner road in the New lot.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2002 at 10:30am
quote:

I have seen numerous Police/Sherrif cars at thr Rt 630 and Rt 610 (Staffordborough) lots in the AM and PM.

Me too (at 610), but they were writing parking tickets.
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2002 at 12:44pm
Daily, there has been one or more police cars at the 630 lot when I arrive home in the evening. Also, they are located from both sides coming on/off the interstate. This has been very comforting to me - but I still run/walk very quickly to my car. :-)

Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2002 at 12:49pm
mycroftt,

Are they ticketing people parking on the yellow lines?

quote:

quote:

Me too (at 610), but they were writing parking tickets.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2002 at 2:56pm
quote:

mycroftt,

Are they ticketing people parking on the yellow lines?

I haven't seen tickets on those cars so I don't think so.
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 10:23am
This AM there were 2 Sheriff's cars checking out a green and white SUV parked illegally on the street that runs between the McDonalds and 610 Staffordborough lot (the street with the speed bumps on it). It was parked on the wrong side of the road (facing traffic) and looked like it had been parked there all night long. I've also seen unmarked police/sheriff cars cruising around in the AM.

mlrdad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlrdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 1:29pm
Was just wondering - this makes me feel a lot better - also my wife. Tks.

tbell511 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbell511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 2:12pm
There where 2 Prince William Co. cruisers at the Horner lot on Tuesday about 7:00,they where there this morning. I do agree that in light of everything that is going on with the sniper situation there should be more security efforts from PW then there is during morning and evening rush hours. Let us know what we can do to get this started.

quote:

Given everything that is going on wrt the sniper, does anyone know or has anyone seen increased security at the commuter parking lots in PW or elsewhere? I would think it might be a good idea to get our locals involved in the effort if they aren't already.

TBell
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic