Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt 610 line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rt 610 line
    Posted: 11 Oct 2005 at 2:01pm
As a driver, what is the correct way to line up to pick up sligs at the 610 lot (old lot)? We used to drive all the way around and take a left to join the line, but lately I have noticed that a lot of people are coming up to the line (making a right) by taking the short cut...this has been causing some major friction as drivers and I can tell that the slugs are confused as to which car is in line next. It is a fiasco!! How do I enter? I just want to pick up some slugs and be on my merry way to work! [:)]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2005 at 2:12pm
two man enter..one man leave...sorry... Um, it depends where you are going. The Pentagon line is towards the Mc'd side of the lot, it makes sense to go in at the light and drive up the middle and around, the 14th area is in the back, Im used to people coming in from the far entrance, and coming up around the perimeter.

:'}
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2005 at 8:38am
Should be all the way around. These drivers cutting in the line are rude. Wait with the rest of us.
murphy1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 8:49am
Good grief, this has really gotten horrible lately! This morning THREE vehicles cut in the line from the other direction just in the time I was sitting there in the long line (around the back of the lot) waiting! I can't believe people can be so rude. If you pull up on the wrong side and see that there is a long line of cars that has been sitting there waiting to pick folks up, WHY would you jump in front of all of them? What makes you so much better that you think you don't have to wait?? Would you walk up to a long line at the movie theater and just pick a spot to move into closer to the front?? I just moved to Stafford recently and this is the third lot I've used over the years. I've never seen such rudeness at any other lot I've ever been to. It's much the same in the afternoon though. There will be a long line waiting on the main road and someone does the cut through the parking lanes and cuts right in.. This is just so wrong and frustrating for those who try to do it the right way. And we wonder why there is so much road rage???
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 12:39pm
Murphy1,
Don't you have the right to bear arms in the badlands of Stafford? [:p]
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2006 at 8:20am
quote:
Originally posted by tangelo53
[br]As a driver, what is the correct way to line up to pick up sligs at the 610 lot (old lot)? We used to drive all the way around and take a left to join the line, but lately I have noticed that a lot of people are coming up to the line (making a right) by taking the short cut...this has been causing some major friction as drivers and I can tell that the slugs are confused as to which car is in line next. It is a fiasco!! How do I enter? I just want to pick up some slugs and be on my merry way to work! [:)]

The correct way is to enter the lot at the entrance between the old part and the new annex at the north end of the lot. Then drive past the DC line, finally taking a left towards the front of the slug line.

Those who enter the lot at the traffic light then take a left and finally a right to approach the line are CUTTING THE LINE. Whenever possible, they should be cut off and prevented from cutting the line. I assume that most of the offenders are aware of line etiquette and common courtesy and are simply confused by the traffic patterns in the lot, so maybe an information effort might be in order. I think that most people will do the right thing if they know what that is.
murphy1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2006 at 1:47pm
MOST might do the right thing but there are always the jerks who won't. There were folks honking at a car cutting in line last Friday...one person slugging actually walked up to the car and told her she needed to go around to the back of the line. She gave him a certain sign with her hand..(I think she was telling him her IQ!) and moved her car right in front of the person trying to turn in. Another car came right up behind her and did the same thing! Had I been a person slugging, I'd have walked right past her car and refused to get in. They didn't though..the next in line just shook his head and got right in her car.......... amazing......
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2006 at 3:04pm
quote:
Originally posted by murphy1
[br]Had I been a person slugging, I'd have walked right past her car and refused to get in. They didn't though..the next in line just shook his head and got right in her car.......... amazing......

I'm with you. Maybe if the people slugging would do that, less would be inclined to cut.

SHAKE1T
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic