Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tackett's Mill ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thanks4TheRide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tackett's Mill ...
    Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 2:09pm
...does anyone go to Crystal City from this lot? It's getting very crowded and the wait is becoming very long. There’s just more Roslyn than anything else. I just wish that there were more drivers for Tackett’s Mill. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE slugging, and I’m very, very grateful for those of you that drive I just don’t want to have to drive to an even more crowded Horner Rd lot. I guess I’m just trying to see if anyone else that goes to this lot would have an opinion on this. Not trying to be a pain, I promise! [:)] Thanks!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 2:18pm
I thought the line at the lot intersection went to Crystal City and Rosslyn. I go to the Pentagon, but was told sometime ago that the line did have Crystal City riders. The crowds may be a result of gas prices and good weather.
Thanks4TheRide View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thanks4TheRide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 2:53pm
Yes vabigblue your right that line does have both stops but there are more cars going to Rosslyn than Crystal City. Yesterday morning I stood in line for at least 15 mins to get a ride to work and then at least 20 mins to get back to the lot at night. Maybe I should just go to the Pent. and walk a little more in the morning, when it cools down of course :-)
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2005 at 3:53pm
When I pickup from Tackett's it doesnt matter if I drop off at the Pentagon or Rosslyn because there is ONE stop -- but when you get riders for Crystal City one rider will be going to 12th street and the other to 23rd or the other to the Metro or whatever...

I just want to make one stop and everyone is out and I can be on my way, solo.

So I only pickup for Crystal if I absolutely -- positively have no alternatives.
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2005 at 12:10pm
Try slugging out of Potomac. I can't speak for the riders or the rest of the drivers, but I'll always take 3 if the line is long.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thanks4TheRide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2005 at 3:45pm
Does potomac mills (is that what you mean)go to Crystal City? Plus it's kinda far for me, I live close to Occoquan. I'm trying not to have to wake up earlier than I have to (I hate mornings!)
gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2005 at 4:08pm
Well all I can say is that the slug lines have highly increased the amount of riders and decreased the amount of drivers. All due to the cost of gas prices. Seems that all lots are even more crowded now. Horner Road lot is pretty much full by 7:30. So my best advice, you have to wake up earlier. In this case, the early bird catches the ride!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thanks4TheRide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2005 at 8:45am
OK, I'll work on that gtivr6ps, getting up earlier that is. LOL, that's funny; early bird catched the ride. Thanks for the little chuckle this morning.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic