Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

will you take a third rider??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stafford05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: will you take a third rider??
    Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 12:58pm
While the lines for those waiting for a ride get longer, it seems as though fewer people are asking the driver if they would take another rider. When I drive and there is a line I have always taken a full load (to include once taking three people in the back seat after 6PM at the Pentagon). It is always the driver's perogative, but all too often those at the front of the line are not asking the question. Any suggestions?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 1:06pm
Take a third - and since there are more riders than drivers and there is no advantage to the driver, ask the third for a contribution!
gtivr6ps View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 1:13pm
I always tend to take a third. i havent figured out why people dont like to take 3. Only reason I can think of is that they dont want to move their seat from their cumfy position. My VW can hold em...so why not.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 2:05pm
Depends on your perspective. Taking a third moves the line of people faster, but the line of cars slower. Right? From a driver's perspective, taking a third increases the chances of slug malfunction by a big percentage. Snoring, cell phone talking, talking, perfume, after shave, etc.

I'll take a third if the person who asks if I'll take a third is actually the one next in line going to my destination.
slugcarrier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugcarrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 3:05pm
I'll take a third if it is raining, snowing, exceptionally cold or hot, or if I see someone I know in line, but prefer not to normally. It does add to the wear and tear on a car if you do it regularly, and driving 70 miles round trip each day, the car gets enough wear and tear as it is.
hotscr17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotscr17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 3:16pm
I've seen people take 5 and trust me, us slugs waiting in line for 30+ minutes thank you greatly!!!!!
savannahr1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savannahr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 4:01pm
I've talked to some drivers and the ones who normally won't take 3 is because they don't like people sitting directly behind them for whatever reason. Guess it makes the uncomfortable.
SlgDriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlgDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2005 at 4:58pm
If there is a line of cars behind me then I normally will not take the third. If I'm last, towards the end of the line, or it's late I will take a third. I have a child's car seat in the back which means if I take a third they are pushed together and one of them is on the hump so It's more for their comfort than mine.

"I'm Charlotte Taylor Wilson. I'm with the People's Independence Committee".
"Don Diego Vega. I'm with the greedy bloodsuckers." ~Zorro
MSCUSN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCUSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2005 at 7:34am
I will offer to take a third if I know the person. I am 6'8" and there is little room behind my seat. But I do dislike the persons who ask, then make their opinion known when you say no, as well as the ones who demand door to door service rather than the designated location (if it is inclement weather I will usually offer door to door). But with the attitude of a FEW riders I have observed, I am for HOT.
SHIPM8S View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHIPM8S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2005 at 1:11pm
I don't usually care to take a 3rd because I put my personal "stuff" on the seat or in the floor directly behind me and I generally don't want to have to get out of my car to move it. Also, having had to wait for long periods in the past for riders, I try to only take the required 2 unless the weather is particularly horrible. Then again, if I take 3...does that mean I'm justified in tossing one out in the mixing bowl for incessant yakking on their cell phone?[:D]

ShipM8s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic