Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slug cheaters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slug cheaters
    Posted: 26 Aug 2005 at 12:47pm
[:(!] I have been slugging now for 2 years...and I have never seen this happen, especially right in front of other cars. I had to drive today and was waiting patiently at the 610 lot in Stafford (we all know that Fridays suck...and you end up waiting forever). Anyway, I was the next car in line with about 5 or 6 cars behind me. The last car was a WHITE jeep with Texas plates. She decided that she didn't want to wait, so pulled out and started driving towards the slugs walking to the line to get them to ride with her. AND!!! she was telling the slugs that none of the cars were waiting for Rosslyn so to hop in with her!!! WHAT???? How would she know what we were waiting for?? I was next and I was waiting for Rosslyn. Now, come on lady!!! you had several cars in front of you....this is not acceptable!!! Thankfully, all of the slugs that saw her doing this walked right by her...but that really pissed me off! Sorry, had to vent! Happy Friday! [:D]
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2005 at 2:00pm
Wow, that's very uncool. Being in a hurry does not excuse violation of the rules. Kudos to the slugs who walked on by.....
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2005 at 2:12pm
The Lady Jeep Driver IS the most important person on the planet and the rules just don't apply to her! [}:)]

If you don't believe me -- just ask her! [:p]

Have a great weekend! AND ...

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2005 at 3:59pm
It's called body-snatching, and it happens all the time. Of course, I notice no one reprimanding the slugs who were willing participants.
fryed_1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fryed_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 12:13pm
Saw something similar at the 610 pickup on Dst the other day. Lady in a white new 300M pulled too far past the horner road pickup and asked at the 610 if it was horner. I said "Nope, you'll have to make the block and come around. It's behind you." She just sniffed, put the car in reverse and backed up in front of the 3 or 4 other cars waiting for riders.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 1:50pm
quote:
Originally posted by fryed_1
[br]Saw something similar at the 610 pickup on Dst the other day. Lady in a white new 300M pulled too far past the horner road pickup and asked at the 610 if it was horner. I said "Nope, you'll have to make the block and come around. It's behind you." She just sniffed, put the car in reverse and backed up in front of the 3 or 4 other cars waiting for riders.

I'm surprised there weren't words exchanged there.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 3:22pm
That happens at Horner Road a lot too because the lower lot is so far away from where the actual slug line is.
beecee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 3:32pm
We always called it "troling for slugs," uh, not that I was ever in a car that DID that. So, is that the same as the car that drives up to the line and the driver points to or calls out to someone in line (not NEXT in line) to get in?
beecee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 3:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by fryed_1
[br]Saw something similar at the 610 pickup on Dst the other day. Lady in a white new 300M pulled too far past the horner road pickup and asked at the 610 if it was horner. I said "Nope, you'll have to make the block and come around. It's behind you." She just sniffed, put the car in reverse and backed up in front of the 3 or 4 other cars waiting for riders.

Don't know where this occured, but another trip around some blocks can be a pretty odious penalty for missing the right spot (which might not have been an accident here, of course). Wouldn't be so bad if the 300M driver made it clear she was in line for slugs AFTER the other 3 or 4 cars had gotten slugs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic