Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are you a slug or driver?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you a slug or driver?
    Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 3:50pm
Informal survey here. Are you a slug or a driver?

I'm always a driver because I sometimes have to work past 6 and don't want to be stranded at the Pentagon (there's no bus service to the commuter lot I primarily use). Plus, I can park for free at my Arlington office.

How about you? What motivates your decision to be either a slug or a driver?
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 4:39pm
I have been slugging b/c it's free and fast. But recently I am thinking of just becoming a driver b/c it's just easier to get to and from work if I have to leave early to get my kids for whatever reason. Also for doctors appointments and stuff, I end up driving in those days and it's just getting expensive to pay for daily parking, so I am probably going to become a driver for the ease of coming and going.

The way it looks these days I won't have a problem picking up slugs either b/c the lines are getting sooooo much longer!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 6:58am
Both ... and usually as part of a 4-person car pool -- but when we don't have 3 regulars available because of business trips, vacation, illness, etc., I will pick up a slug or be a slug from RVM. The plus for me is having several options to get to work easily from Burke .. and there's always the Metro bus as final back-up. [8D]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 7:16am
I'm usually a rider.

Why? No parking in my building/commercial lots too expensive, metro too time consuming and inconvenient.
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 2:18pm
I am a driver. I was a rider when I worked at the Pentagon, but now it is easier for me to drive since there is not slug line right by by work and I would have to take the metro to the line
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 4:31pm
Strictly a slug except for special occasions when I drive. I slug mainly to keep down costs, besides, my agency pays for commercial travel, but does not pay for employees who drive.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2005 at 1:04pm
A part time slug, my hubby and I usually ride with his mom, but she has an aws, (alternate work schedule)so we slug once a week. I used to drive to SPG mall everyday from Stafford, 32 miles each way, traffic each way. Got a gov't job 2 years ago this June, I can say that I have NEVER driven to work since... aaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What a feeling!

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic