Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A fond fairwell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A fond fairwell
    Posted: 22 Feb 2005 at 11:11am
Moving into the District, no more slugging commute. This was a life saver, though! Thank you drivers for all the rides, thank you riders for the handful of times you squeezed into my small car. Its been a pleasure waiting in line with the 6a.m. kids at Bob's. I have never had an unpleasant experience, thank you sluggers!!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 8:03am
There isn't enough $$$ on the planet to convince me to move to that 3rd world country. If you are buying a place don't forget to claim the credit on your taxes next year.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 8:41am
Good luck with the District move. Lots to do up there, never a dull evening for sure. I have many friends that live in the District and they love the adventure!
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 9:00am
The decent places are outrageously expensive! If you have kids will have to send them to private schools.
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 9:01am
I forgot to say good luck in DC!
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 11:52am
Thanks for the well wishes! Turns out its only 50$ a month more in DC than where I am right now. I work in a charter school in DC, so I'm all about trying to help these DC kids get a decent education, and if I had kids, well, I dont' know what I'd do. I think culture is essential, but DC public schools are definately not a place where learning abounds. Anyway, this isn't a DC education forum [:D]
I'll miss slugging but enjoy my 10 minute metro ride!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 3:18pm
Yeh, good luck kgirl. Thanks for trying to get the DC kids educated. You deserve all the well wishes and anything else positve.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 5:13pm
kgirl,
You're an American hero!
Best wishes and mucho success.
We'll miss your sluggin'!

KoS![:)] (that's short for Keep on Sluggin'!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic