Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GET RID OF HOV !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endhov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GET RID OF HOV !
    Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 11:53am
Did I get someone's attention? Did I annoy anyone by this subject?

If so, GOOD!

HOV is the equivalent of trying to cure cancer with garlic. The cancer in this case being overcrowded roads borne from out of control development; and don’t even think of dismissing me as another mentally deranged arsonist-with-a-cause member of ELF (or equivalent). I'm not!

Government has a responsibility to its people. To allow a QUADRUPLING of population density without some real account for added traffic is disgracefully irresponsible.

If people on this site want better traffic conditions, elect officials who will put an end to out of control development, or at least put a serious curb on it. Until then, wail and moan all you want about the hybrids, hotlanes and HOV1-2, it won’t make a spit of difference. In the end we will all remain face to fanny on the beltway. Four people in a car with four times the population density is still a traffic jam.

Enjoy.
endhov View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote endhov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 12:07pm
Sorry for the duplicate post. The first one came back with an error message stating that it did not. ...obviously it did.
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2005 at 1:48pm
Two of the same post will get some attention. Remember "One Click" next time
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 8:05am
no way
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 3:15pm
End HOV? No way!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 4:26pm
Wake Up Folks: Toll Roads are coming and they will, no question, no doubt, and no sh*t, end HOV.

Unless some genius comes up with a plan.

Soon.
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2005 at 7:58am
your sorry means nothing to me
mfassler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfassler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2005 at 10:53am
End HOV? You've GOT to be kidding. Then all of us would have to quit our DC-area jobs! HOT lanes can kiss my a** too! You shouldn't be able to BUY your way out of not helping others! Why is it that people are so selfish and want to drive alone...in their Hybrids or by paying a toll? Just help other people out...it'll not only get you home faster, but it'll get you to heaven! :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic