Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Road Rage and ones to avoid..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Road Rage and ones to avoid..
    Posted: 12 Aug 2004 at 8:39am
Just after the Springfield HOV area this morning, my slugs and I gasped to see a VA licensed small beige Honda (dark windows so couldn't see how many riders) cut in front very closely of a DC tagged small beige Chevy Malibu (had 3 riders). The Honda jumped back over into the right lane and the now P.O.'ed Chevy (who turned out to be a white female driver) lurched ahead and jumped in front of the Honda. The road rage flamed as they zig zagged in front of each other in the lanes in front of me a few more times. I'm not sure where these drivers got on HOV, but just wondering if net-ettiquitte permits posting of license numbers? I called the state police from my office and was told they don't follow up after the fact, but I did find out that you can hit #77 from your cell phone to report incidents in progress on HOV. Nice information to know for next time.
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2004 at 8:48am
I saw them also. I was a few car lengths behind and was glad I was not in the middle of them. Looked pretty dangerous. From a purely selfish prospective, I was hoping that them would not cause an accident. I didn't want to get stuck of the HOV. Their NASCAR type driving did make for an interesting conversation between my riders.
Zevida View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zevida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2004 at 11:05pm
I #77'd someone once and it gave me a real power trip :D

It was on a country road though, so they put me through to county police, but a real good way to take out your road rage - nothing like reporting them to the cops.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2004 at 9:39am
I have experienced road rage with slugs in the car....when I had my Jeep which had a bad blind spot, I cut someone off in the left fast lane on 95 before getting to the HOV's. I am a very safe driver, but this lady rode in my blind spot for quite sometime so I really thought no one was in that lane in that back corner.

So anyway, I cut her off, she gets pissed and starts driving in the emergency lane trying to run me off the road, swerving into the fast lane and back into the emergency lane.

I was really frightened because she could have caused a serious accident! I gestured that I was really truly sorry for cutting her off, that it wasn't intentional, but it didn't help.

That was an instance where I should have dialed #77.

I have used it before when I was taking an exit and right in the middle of the road these people stopped and were fist fighting in the road. How crazy is that?

And, in Stafford I used it, because a woman didn't have her toddler in a booster or car seat. When it comes to kids, I will blow the whistle. We had one kid years ago that went to my son's daycare that died in a car accident because she wasn't buckled up or in a car seat.

Dina
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2004 at 10:25am
how lazy can a parent get to not even care enough to take a minute to strap thier kids in? How about when you see little ones backwards in their seats waving out the back window, and the parent obviously doesnt care, as long as they are not bugging them?? Ive have seen it done on 610 many times. ooo..it boils my blood. Good for you Dkerley!!

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic