Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dude... what happened this morning?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dude... what happened this morning?
    Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 10:28am
First, I cruised by the Rte 3 lot at 7:15, to find no slugs and a line of cars. I tried to see if some of the drivers would want to ride with me, but no dice. One lady even said she'd been waiting 20 minutes! eek!

Around 7:30, I got to the 610 lot (Which is just sooooo well marked). Same thing - long line of cars, all of us begging for slugs.

I don't get it, was low-grade gas hitting $3.79 the tipping point at which people start driving again? I just didn't figure I'd have this problem till gas went below $3!

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
Mike2854 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike2854 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 11:42am
The line for Crystal City at Horner Rd. was short as well, and I got there around 6:15 (opted to take the bus though).

It seems one day a week this happens.
mpatoka View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpatoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 11:43am
We picked up at the 610 lot at 6am this morning and the line was it's usual length, almost ready to wrap around the corner.

All the fair-weather slugs must've gotten scared by the possibility of rain showers tonite and decided to stay home. I'd be surprised also that the current drop in gas prices would have that much of an impact on drivers at this point.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 3:49pm
The Rt-3 lot is going full strength at around (believe it or not) 0515 [8)]. By 0700 most of the us are already at work. I can't remember getting to the lot and finding cars waiting for slugs...ah the good old days! [:D]
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2008 at 4:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by VA_Slugger

The Rt-3 lot is going full strength at around (believe it or not) 0515 [8)]. By 0700 most of the us are already at work. I can't remember getting to the lot and finding cars waiting for slugs...ah the good old days! [:D]

That is y'all's problem! [xx(] I know a lot of Spotsy people are former military and therefore used to ungodly hours, but if I'm not in a death camp, I'm not waking up before 5:30!

I've been to te route 3 at 7:30 though the past couple days (up till this AM) to still find people driving and slugging.

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 8:59am
Nice try!
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2008 at 11:41am
Friday's are always like that with drivers.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 7:20am
I suggest that you pull up at the end of the line of cars and hold two $1 bills out the window indicating that you are willing to pay each slug a dollar if they will hop in and save you a ton of time waiting in the line. After all, it's only a dollar, which is a pittance compared to all the time they will save you by bypassing the other cars in line that got there ahead of you.
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 12:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt

I suggest that you pull up at the end of the line of cars and hold two $1 bills out the window indicating that you are willing to pay each slug a dollar if they will hop in and save you a ton of time waiting in the line. After all, it's only a dollar, which is a pittance compared to all the time they will save you by bypassing the other cars in line that got there ahead of you.

So much Word![:D]
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 12:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by VA_Slugger

Nice try!

Exuse me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic