Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for messages on water bottles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas for messages on water bottles
    Posted: 20 Jul 2005 at 8:18am
I personally feel that most slugs do not know what's going on with the whole HOT lane. Recently I have found a good tactic being used (mostly by politicians) by placing a sticker with info on it, on a water bottle. I have found 35 bottles of water for $4.99 at BJ's and I might go ahead and buy 5 or 6 cases and print up labels stating the HOT problem and place a message on it and hand them out in the morning at the slug lines. But what should I put on the stickers? It def. needs a link to either ww.savehov.org or www.slug-lines.com . I was thinking of telling people that they need to contact there congressman/delegate and let them know how they feel. Suggestions please!

-Robert
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2005 at 8:44am
Sub,

If you go ahead with this, my one suggestion is to make sure you give them a link to the POSITIVE side of this website. There's a lot of negativity that will turn folks away from considering the slugging message being a serious one over to a bunch of people grousing about trivial matters.

.02's worth.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2005 at 2:11pm
yeah, the bumper stickers (or better yet, static cling rear window stickers) will be more visible, and won't go into the trash like the water bottles.. !
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2005 at 2:35pm
how about those ribbon shaped magnets... with a slug logo! Doesnt someone already have a market on slug gear? maybe you two should network!!

:'}
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2005 at 7:12am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]how about those ribbon shaped magnets... with a slug logo! Doesnt someone already have a market on slug gear? maybe you two should network!!

I dont plan to sell anything. I also dont want to deal with the hassle of getting bumper stickers made. I have a feeling most would end up throwing the stickers in the trash anyway. The goal of the water bottles is for people to take them to work, have them sitting there and remind them to go online and read about whats going to happen to there HOV lanes if they dont act quick.

-Robert
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2005 at 11:17am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]how about those ribbon shaped magnets... with a slug logo! Doesnt someone already have a market on slug gear? maybe you two should network!!

Yeh, these seem to be the most recognizable type of equipment nowadays.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2005 at 11:28am
I sent an email to the company that makes them. I suggested to come up with something like: SAVE HOV or... I don't remember the other suggestion.
shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2005 at 2:32pm
Problem with stickers on water bottles (and I have experience of being a part of one of the first campaigns that did this Waters for Delegate '01 - we labelled 1000's of waterbottles then and I have since labelled 1000's of bottles for 3 other campaigns) you have to have high quality sticker.

If you print labels up on your home colorjet printer as soon as the bottles sweat the ink just runs away then you have a voter with ink all over their hands.

Lapel stickers cost money to!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2005 at 3:40pm
MAGNETS!! I'd sport one! Except the fact I had a beautiful one my gramma in NY gave me, with a Statue of Liberty and american flag on it, some punk stole it off my car when I was parked at the old 610 lot!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic