Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion for traffic flow at Bob's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiblu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestion for traffic flow at Bob's
    Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 9:11pm
My suggestion for the morning at Bob's is to have all the drivers enter on Springfield Boulevard and exit on Old Keene Mill Road. This would provide an orderly line so all of the drivers can wait in their vehicles to pick up riders.
woowade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woowade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 3:18pm
I'm curious to know why would drivers need to get out of their vehicles to pick up riders?
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 3:40pm
This started when the 14th St. line met at Long John Silver's. When riders were dashing across 4 lanes of traffic to get to LJS, the drivers would be standing at the entrance calling out their destinations. It wasn't fair to the female drivers, who may have been there first, but lost riders because male drivers could yell their destination louder. If there wasn't a line of riders when drivers arrived at the lot, the drivers parked their cars and formed a line. As the riders walked up and stated their destination, the driver would point to the car for the rider to get in.

imjan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 1:15pm
I agree with Miamiblu currently drivers coming in after 730 there is lot of confusion as to if they are staying in the cars or standing outside for riders. If drivers stay in the car then having two way traffic cause more problems than solution.

Making all the traffic one way (entering from Springfield Boulevard and exiting the Old Kennemill road) will help both riders and drivers as both lines for 14 and 7th&D will be one way lines.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 2:01pm
All 14th/7&D and Memorial Bridge riders should make up flyers (with a start date) and distribute them to the 14th & Memorial Bridge drivers.

FYI folks: After the HOT lanes are completed on 495, Sharon Bulova is proposing to add a THIRD line at Circuit City. This is for people who live in FFX, PW, and Loudoun counties and work in Tysons Corner. I called her office and said the Circuit City lot cannot support a 3rd slug line and proposed they have the 495 slug line meet at the Backlick lot. I asked her staff to come to the Circuit City lot to see what we're dealing with now. Don't know if they have come up to the lot.

If you think it is chaos now, wait until the 3rd line is added . . .
billybaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 12:09pm
I vote for making Old keense mill an EXIT only. That entrance is a mess every morning with everybody coming in and out. Then throw in the 14th street queue and all HELL breaks loose; everyday. Just my thought
ETC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 1:25pm
Totally agree! It can get completely crazy. Also the drivers shouldn't get out of their cars to wait for slugs because it creates all kinds of havoc backing out, etc. Maybe even separate the two lines -- one at the front of the lot and the other in the back?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic