Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To many Chiefs at Horner Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To many Chiefs at Horner Road
    Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 9:13am
This morning at Horner was the last straw for me, I get to the lot as usual to pick up 2 slugs I'm sitting in the line and here comes this lady asking were I am going, while I am talking to her here comes this other guy comes on the other side of my car were are you going? were are you going, at this point I am really frustrated people are walking all over the place, drivers in their cars looking really confused and coming in from both directions [:0] so this man who is out there I guess trying to be the new chief of Horner Road he and I have some words, I mean this is really ridiculous, so when I pull up I notice a group of people standing on the other side of the lot facing the opposite direction, I roll the window down and ask them has the line moved again? they say just La'Fant plaza, 14th is still up there. So I have to swirl around the truck that is in front of me and go in search of the now solo 14th street line. I am hot I have sat in this line believed to be one line wasting time, gas and patience, the day before I go all the way around the lot and I didn't see anyone I drove a little further and everyone is standing in line up on the curb.Since I have to pick up people in order to get to work in a timely manner, all I want is for the line, if it has to be split to just leave the line in one place and stop changing it around everyday,for a driver it is already a bit of a challenge trying to maneuver through the lot to get to the line, you have people that don't want to move out of the way they walk in the middle of the parking lot, cars are darting in and out of parking spaces etc.. I really am considering pick up at another lot in the mornings and dropping off at Horner in the evening. When I started slugging 7 years ago it was nothing like this, and with the length of the Horner Road sluglines out numbering the amount of cars that are picking up, I don't think Horner can afford to have driver's to start going to other lots.

Mrs. B
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 11:23am
Are you going to start picking up someplace else Mrs. KLB? It sounds like it becoming a nightmare at Horner. This morning I saw a guy who normally goes out of Horner at my lot. I asked him and he said it was too confusing for him too. I hope it gets better.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 11:28am
The Pent/Ros/CC lines at Horner seem to be working well after the split.

Cheers,

Glacier
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 12:12pm
I'm a rider, and yes, it is confusing. Mrs. KLB is right; this morning, people were wandering everywhere. One of the problems (definitely not the only one), though, is that the drivers are not pulling up farther; they should be pulling up closer to the stop sign, but this morning, drivers started lining up halfway down the aisle. If they'd pull up, perhaps riders would be more inclined to stand on the sidewalk like they should.

Also, why in the world did VDOT take down the electronic signs after three days?? Ok, maybe they left them up a couple days longer than that, but the first 3 days they pointed people in the right direction, then after that, the sign just told people to park in designated spaces. Sorry, VDOT, but that is NOT enough time for new/on vacation/whatever drivers to figure out where to go. And why aren't signs posted anywhere else? It'd be pretty easy to make a sign, slap it on a post, and stick it into the ground where both drivers and riders could see and know where the heck to go.

Yes, I am getting frustrated, too.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 12:13pm
I should have noted that I'm a 14th St. rider.
JimH View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 12:16pm
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about slugging in tomorrow (30 Apr), but I will just go in early solo.

I hope someone "out there", who can fix this "new" problem, is reading these posts.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2004 at 1:12pm
This is why I've noticed a decreased on riders lately. Due to all this confusion in Horner Rd., drivers prefer to pick up somewhere else and dropping off in Horner Rd.
Mrs.KLB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 3:33pm
I go to Potomac first in the mornings if the line is to long with cars then I go to Horner.

Mrs. B
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 3:53pm
It looks and sounds like things may have gotten better with the new routing. What is the report on Horner nowadays?
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2004 at 4:11pm
I don't get the same impression that things are doing better. Some things are, some other aren't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic