Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug Needs Help - WB to Crystal City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slug Needs Help - WB to Crystal City
    Posted: 12 Jul 2004 at 9:00am
Hello Everyone! I will be moving to Woodbridge next month and am thinking about slugging to Crystal City. I have lots of newbie questions to ask, and I hope someone out there can help me.

1. Which lot is closest to Smoketown Rd/Minnieville Rd that goes to and from Crystal City?

2. What happens if there aren't enough drivers to pick up the slugs (i.e. the ones that get left behind)?

3. Are there two stops in Crystal City or not, and how popular are they to Woodbridge (I work 8:30-5:00)?

I'd appreciate any help I can get. [8)]

Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2004 at 3:49pm
1. Which lot is closest to Smoketown Rd/Minnieville Rd that goes to and from Crystal City?
A: Not relevent-park @ Horner Road-Trust me. it's easier to get picked up & dropped off @ Horner.

2. What happens if there aren't enough drivers to pick up the slugs (i.e. the ones that get left behind)?
A: The slugs left behind simply wait for the next vehicle to arrive-which usually isn't very long.

3. Are there two stops in Crystal City or not, and how popular are they to Woodbridge (I work 8:30-5:00)?
A: Actually, the common stops are a)12th & clark, b)15th / Metro, and c) 23rd street. (Hint-if you are going to 23rd street or somewhere other than the aforementioned locations, mention this when you first get into the car.)With the times you mentioned, you should have no problems.

Good luck WBSlug!

Live Long and Prosper
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 6:28am
quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br] 2. What happens if there aren't enough drivers to pick up the slugs (i.e. the ones that get left behind)?

Have a backup plan for the bus. Check out www.prtctransit.org for the schedule between Crystal City and Dale City. The bus has stops at Horner and Potomac. It's cheaper in the long run to buy a pack of 10 tokens for $38.00 (normally available on the bus), since the one-way fare without a token is $5.50.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 8:23am
quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br]Hello Everyone! I will be moving to Woodbridge next month and am thinking about slugging to Crystal City. I have lots of newbie questions to ask, and I hope someone out there can help me.

I'd appreciate any help I can get. [8)]

One of the respondents had a great suggestion-make a back up plan for the bus...

Good luck!

Live Long and Prosper
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 9:10am
Thanks for all of your responses. I will try both Horner Rd and Potomac Mills. I have a few more questions.

1. Is it possible to go home at the CC Metro and where do you wait? (not sure where 15th and Metro is...but I'm off 18th) How likely is it to catch a ride there?

2. How long is the ride to CC from WB slugging as compared to say VRE or bus?

Thanks [;)]

kloh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 1:09pm
MORNINGS
We pick up slugs to CC from Horner as early as 5:45am and as late as 7:15-7:30am some days. When I've had to slug, I've never had to wait more than 15 mins for a CC ride. Worst case you can either take the Omni bus or if the Pentagon line has cars pulling up, slug from there and take Metro to CC.

There is an a.m. drop off at CC Metro, but nothing in the p.m.

AFTERNOONS
There used to be two CC afternoon pick up points. There is one near on Crystal Drive where the road bends near 12th. I don't think the one in front of Crystal Park 2 is active.

Slugs usually walk along Crystal Drive to the line. If you want to avoid the long walk , some slugs will walk with a sign in their hand that says where they want to go, e.g. Horner Road, Potomac Mills, Rte. 610. Drivers will often pick them up along the way. While it may be cheating, it happens all the time.

If you've waited too long and no Woodbridge drivers arrive, ask one of the Rte. 610 or Rte. 17 drivers if you can hop a ride to the Pentagon parking lot before they hop on HOV. As long as they have space, they often don't mind. You can try the lines there. The Omni bus is a backup plan. Try getting to the slug lines before 5:30pm so that your chances of getting a ride are better.

Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 10:18am
quote:
Originally posted by KaTaNa
[br]Gee, why am I not suprised you would have a "constructive opinion" about my post? Don't bother replying, Uhura...I'm not going to feed the Trolls...

quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:
[br]1. Which lot is closest to Smoketown Rd/Minnieville Rd that goes to and from Crystal City?

- Even though some attempt to deny its continued existence, Potomac Mills is also available. Lately, I've been picking up AND dropping off there myself. Try both Horner and Potomac to see which one YOU prefer.

LOL-If she prefers to get picked up & dropped off-she'll prefer Horner! People deny the existence of Potomac Mills because it sucks...

- I always pickup three for Potomac if there are three in line.

Good luck and welcome back...

Gosh-you gave your opinion & I gave mine. If that makes me a troll, then you must be one as well.

Lighten up for goodness sake!

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2004 at 7:41am
quote:
[br]Gee, why am I not suprised you would have a "constructive opinion" about my post? Don't bother replying, Uhura...I'm not going to feed the Trolls...

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]1. Which lot is closest to Smoketown Rd/Minnieville Rd that goes to and from Crystal City?

- Even though some attempt to deny its continued existence, Potomac Mills is also available. Lately, I've been picking up AND dropping off there myself. Try both Horner and Potomac to see which one YOU prefer.

LOL-If she prefers to get picked up & dropped off-she'll prefer Horner! People deny the existence of Potomac Mills because it sucks...

OMG-Who is the troll NOW? Please do not send me PERSONAL email messages...

The other thing is -- this person started this thread to get some advice about the slugging process, not to witness a cyberfight.
---------------------
Hello Uhura

You received the following message from: KaTaNa (katana@comcast.net)

At: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/

This was NOT an opinion...

"LOL-If she prefers to get picked up & dropped off-she'll prefer Horner! People deny the existence of Potomac Mills because it sucks..." because of this statement, "ONE of the respondents had a great suggestion"

It was a slam against those who prefer Potomac...IMHO. And yes, you are a damn troll, as evidenced by several of your other posts on the board...

Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2004 at 8:33am
quote:

quote:
[br]
quote:

For the second time, please stop sending me personal email messages about this. Thanks.

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2004 at 9:07am
quote:
[br]You just don't get it do you? I sent you the personal messages to keep if off the forum AND keep it between US and not the rest of the world. But you keep posting in the forum instead. What are you trying to accomplish with that? Although, I did notice you didn't post my last statement because it would have made YOU look bad. The only person that was continuing this "cyberfight", was you.

Please, get a clue and stop slamming other peoples posts with yours. We're allowed our opinions as well and would appreciate you keeping your negative comments to yourself.

"We"? I wasn't aware that you were the elected representative of the folks on this board. Nor was I aware that I was excluded from the "we" that use slug-lines.com

I will continue to post my comments and opinions as I see fit (whether or not you think they're "negative.") You are welcome to do the same.

Be advised: I will continue to ignore the personal messages that I receive from you; however, I will post them for everyone to read so they can see exactly who is trying to be a cyber bully.

Have a good day

Live Long and Prosper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic