Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DHS/FPS/DDOT move to Eliminate 7th & D Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS/FPS/DDOT move to Eliminate 7th & D Slug Lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsSlugdriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS/FPS/DDOT move to Eliminate 7th & D Slug Lines
    Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 1:03pm
Long time lurker, first time poster, but wanted to bring this to everyone's attention who slugs or picks up from 7th & D.

On Thursday 11/1 around 4:00pm as I waited for Bob's riders (two minutes max), a FPS (Federal Protective Service) officer approached my car and told me that effective immediately, there is no waiting or picking up riders anywhere on D between 7th & 9th streets. The FPS officer also said they (FPS, DC Police ???) would be ticketing drivers! Not sure when the ticketing would start as two riders got in my car as he said this and I took off.

I have read on other sites that this has been confirmed in an email from FPS and DDOT and they would be blocking the lanes with police vehicles and issuing tickets starting today! 

FPS claims this is a security issue now that DHS has taken over the GSA building on 7th & D.  DDOT apparently agrees because of the traffic back-ups that occur getting onto SE/SW Freeway/395 South from D street. 

So they are eliminating these long standing slug lines with no notice!  Angry  Driver and riders are stuck finding a new pick-up location and fighting traffic to get there!  The only thing this will do is cause more congestion!

Please report back if you see officers blocking the lanes or issuing tickets going forward or if you hear of any solutions...
duke147 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 3:32pm

if you're looking for a ride due to this - first come/first serve, post a reply and we can meet at my office on 7th and d

admin2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:34am
BobsSlugDriver,
Thanks for posting. Any idea who I/we can contact at FPS to complain?

It appears their short sighted approach is to have people drive their own cars and put more traffic on the roadways to solve the traffic problem!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic