Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bob's Impacts due to Springfield Parking Garage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's Impacts due to Springfield Parking Garage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob's Impacts due to Springfield Parking Garage
    Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:08am
Bob’s Sluglines Parking Lot tentatively to be closed in November 2019 for garage construction. Slugs will lose about 278 spaces and slug pickup stations during construction for about 2 years. Fairfax County is working with the commuters to find alternative space for parking and pickup locations.

Below is the update from Caijun L, Senior Transportation Planner, Fairfax County.

Thanks for your patience while Fairfax County Department of Transportation develops the commuter parking relocation plan. The county is still in negotiations with property owners and nothing is final until the leases are signed, but we are confident the agreements will be completed soon.

Here is the relocation plan:
1) Relocate one slug line to the Springfield United Methodist Church parking lot (https://goo.gl/maps/jQJ89o1RB2P6ehQW8). The church currently provides 54 commuter parking spaces within their lot. In addition to those spaces, the church slug line would also serve the commuter parking located across the street at Springfield Plaza as well as the commuter parking at the American Legion.

2) Relocate one slug line and provide an additional 300 commuter parking spaces at the Springfield Town Center Frontier Garage ( https://goo.gl/maps/5guWhR3q3Ghpc7D28). In total, 800 commuter parking spaces would be located at the Frontier Garage on levels 2, 4, and 6.

The VDOT Saratoga Park-and-Ride Lot will serve as a back-up option in case something falls through with the church or town center.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 8:14am
Huh, nothing new on their website.  Did they contact you directly?
Millertyme View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millertyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 7:55am
Originally posted by scottt scottt wrote:

Huh, nothing new on their website.  Did they contact you directly?

They are in constant contact with myself and I relay the information with my Facebook group and David so he can post it. Fairfax county will begin construction a little later than expected.
eellis View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 8:54am
Hi, I am new to the area. I just wanted to know where exactly to meet for pick up at Bob's. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic